Wed, Nov 01|
Bend, OR, USA
Fall 5K Turkey Tune-Up!
A 4-week session for women runners who've completed 5K training in the past, and would like to tune up their 5K in time for Thanksgiving holiday races!
Time & Location
Nov 01, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
Bend, OR, USA
About the Event
Lots of info below... be sure to click the "Read More" link!
The Fall 5K Turkey Tune-Up provides women runners with an opportunity to solidify your 5K distance. Over 4 weekly meetings, you'll gain strength and stamina, find comfort in your pace, ease back into a 3x/weekly running habit, get your winter gear dialed, and gain confidence in your runner identity! The best part? You'll meet other awesome women runners whose company will keep you warm as we run into a colder season!
How it works:
- We'll meet Wednesday evenings 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, and TUESDAY 11/21. Locations TBD.
- I'll lead a short strength session at 5:45pm for interested folks.
- We'll officially begin at 6pm with a check in and chat about the evening's route and workout expectations.
- We'll do our dynamic warmup and then our respective workouts for 45 minutes.
- We'll meet back at our starting place, reflect on our runs, and then...
- We'll head to a local eatery for drinks and snacks. I'll have short clinics available for interested folks on each night. Possible topics include: creating workout consistency, gaining speed, building community, running form review, and anything the group suggests!
- I'll be available throughout for running tips/form-watching/questions during workouts and via Slack.
- We'll have a Slack group for easy communication!
Prerequisite - Runners should have completed a 5K training program and currently be comfortable with completing three 30 minute workouts (of any proportion of running and walking!) per week. Thanksgiving 5K results are guaranteed only by your effort!
Some survey respondents felt that the value of the class was greater than $100, so I've provided an option to pay what you desire.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.